Northeast Georgia Mustang Club’s 47th Annual Shelby Mustang & Ford Meet Regional Car Show
October 2 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm$25
The NE Georgia Mustang Club’s Fall Car Show will not take place at the usual location of the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds.
However, the Car Show will take place on the weekend of October 2 & 3 and has been moved to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds at 1311 Music Hall Rd, in Hiawassee, GA 30546.
The good news is that we are adding Friday, October 2, as a second day full of activities. The car show will be held on Saturday, October 3 as usual. We are excited!!!!
NE Georgia Mustang Club has been in contact with John Clor, Enthusiast Communications Manager / FORD PERFORMANCE ; Steve Prewitt, President of the Mustang Club of America and our vendors. After several discussions and calls, we have decided to move our event to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds in Hiawassee, GA. Ford Performance has committed to coming and John Clor is planning to speak just before the awards presentation. John mentioned that Dick Nesbitt the designer of the Mustang II is interested in the show.
This year the Mustang II Club will be holding their Mustang II Reunion V at the show and they are pumped to be coming to Hiawassee, GA. FYI, The first people to register on Motosho this year were Mustang II owners. Steve Prewitt, president of the Mustang Club of America is bringing his Mustang II. Vendors have called and said they are coming and some have offered some cool goody bag stuff. We are well on the way to a very successful show.
Georgia, as you know, is calling the shots for social gatherings and their rules will be the determining factor if we have to cancel. Right now, Georgia is open to car shows as long as everyone social distances and wears a mask. If the state of Georgia alters the rules regarding social gatherings and we have to cancel the car show, we will let everyone know.
This year the Saturday Car Show will be popular vote car show with Vendors, including food, on site along with a Pony Corral and Swap Meet from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Top 100 awards at 3:00 PM and Best of Show early Mustang, late Mustang, and other Ford, owner must be present to receive award.
Ford Bodied and Ford Powered vehicles ONLY are allowed in the car show.
At the show, clubs and friends can park together or in close proximity to each other. That way you will most likely be next to someone you know.
We are asking everyone to register on Motosho so that we can have dash cards prepared when you arrive which will help avoid large gatherings of people around the registration desk. We want to have a fun show and at the same time keep everyone safe. We are forging ahead as usual continuing our planning for the show. The host hotel is the Lake Chatuge Lodge .
• Hiawassee is a cool vacation destination. Here is a link for things to do and see around Hiawassee.
• If this is your first time coming to Georgia, check out the scenic Richard Russell Parkway and Brasstown Bald which is the highest point in Georgia and Helen, GA known for its vineyards and Bavarian-style buildings. If you have time it is only 58 miles to the Tail of the Dragon and 68 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
• We are having a meet and greet from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM, on Friday afternoon with John Clor and others.
• Preregistration is on Motosho and there will be registration at the show from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Friday and from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Saturday.
• Preregistration is a $25 donation until 9/11/2020. There will be a $30 donation after 9/11/2020 or at the gate
• We have a location to park trailers
• Jacky Jones’ private car collection tours will be available
• Memory Lane Museum
• There will be a guided cruise around the county on Friday
• There is camping on the site and a Georgia Clogging Competition at the music hall Saturday night.
• Motels are booking up fast so go ahead and register.
Lake Chatuge Lodge – Hiawassee, GA – 800-613-4349, host hotel
Holiday Inn Express – Hiawassee, GA – 706-896-8884
Chatuge Mountain Inn – Hayesville, NC – 828-389-3000
Georgia Mountain Fairground Campgrounds – Hiawassee, GA – 706-896-4149
Other information will follow as details become finalized.
If you have already registered your registration will go towards this event in its new location. Please pass this on to your friends, as we may not have their contact information. If you have any questions, call me, Steve Harrison, at 404-427-2264.
We will send monthly email updates from this point forward. If you know of anyone that would like to be on the email contact list, send me their name and email address to Steve Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org